You can use the Payments filter function to view all types of payment transactions that originate from Quotes and Invoices. You can access this function from Business Tools> Quotes & Invoices> Payments
Business Tools - Payments
- Filter: Select the desired filter(s). Note: As with all filters in InkSoft you can use more than one to drill down results.
- Search bar: You can search by customer name or email address to find payment records for a particular customer.
Payment Filters and Search
- You can filter by several different options:
- Payment Type - Check, Cash, Credit Card, Purchase Order, Arrange Payment Later, Other, Unspecified.
- Status - Past Due, Paid, Deleted.
- Date Range - Beginning and End date to find specific payments.
2. When you have chosen the way in which you'd like to filter your results, click Apply
Once you retrieve your filtered results, you will have the following options:
- Action: Delete is the only available action. Note: Use with caution!
- Quote / Invoice #: You can click the quote or invoice number blue link to view the quote / invoice.
- Amount: Clicking the amount will allow you to see the payment details screen. See image reference in next section.
- Partially Paid Invoice- An invoice that was originally partially paid will have a half-filled star next to the invoice number. The star will be half filled until the invoice is paid in full.
At the Payment details screen you can view the following:
- Invoice #: Clicking this will take you to the invoice detail / edit screen.
- Contact Name: Clicking this will take you to the Contact edit screen.
- Payment Information: Here you can view the payment details/type of transaction.
- Invoice: You can scroll and view the invoice associated with the payment.
When navigating to an invoice you will have payment controls and options.
- You can add a payment to an invoice by clicking the 'Add Payment' button.
- You can view a history of payments made within an invoice. You can also view, delete and edit a payment.
Adding a Payment
When you click on Add Payment, a pop up window will appear for you to manually enter in the payment.
- Enter the Amount of the payment.
- Enter the Billing Information.
- Enter the Payment Type.